Potatoes have a bad rep because of how people prepare and serve them, and the USDA reported that adding certain ingredients strips them of their nutritional elements and calories. The good news is there are better ways to serve potatoes and increase the dietary elements like Potassium to help lower the blood pressure.
The following is not a simple or everyday Irish potato recipe and is unlikely to be anything you have tried before. Most people are not fans of potatoes but do not have a problem taking them when they have a flavorful taste. We want to give you a different variation of the potato recipes if you dread the classic option. This kind is more wholesome and tasty than any regular potato meal, and you should be able to get a more healthy twist with lighter and better ingredients.
Healthy Irish herbed potato recipes
The skinny Irish potato is a delicious dessert that satisfies your cravings and maintains a rich, healthy taste. You can enjoy this treat to give yourself a sweet flavor while keeping the same health goals as if you are on a weight loss journey.
- Softened cheese
- Greek yogurt
- Melted coconut oil
- Stevia liquid
- Shredded coconut
- Vanilla extract
- Cinnamon powder
- Maggie’s Irish potato seasoning
- Add all the ingredients in one bowl except cinnamon and Maggie’s seasoning
- Please put them in the fridge for at least half an hour until it is chill
- Roll the mixture into more petite balls and put them back in the fridge for 15 minutes
- Ground the cinnamon and mix with the seasoning before sprinkling it onto the balls
Seasoning roasted Irish potatoes
There is no standard way to prepare roasted potatoes, so feel free to tweak the following ingredients and steps for the perfect results.
- New potatoes
- Red onions
- Olive oil
- Maggie’s seasoning and salt
- Vegetables like carrots and zucchini
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Prepare the potatoes by peeling them and pricking them over the entire surface with a fork.
- Microwave all the contents for up to 3 minutes
- Cut the vegetables and sprinkle them with seasoning
- Put the potatoes on a baking sheet and sprinkle the cut vegetables on top
- Bake until the vegetables are soft and have a slight brown color, then serve the meal when hot
Seasoned potato salad
The potato salad is rich in healthy fat and can be an excellent choice for people dealing with heart disease. Preparing Irish potatoes in this method means you get both the vegetables and the starch while reducing the total amount of starch you have to consume. In addition, Irish potatoes and vegetables are excellent for gut health, so feel free to include them in your prebiotic meal.
- Olive oil
- Salt and seasoning
- Chopped vegetables
- Chopped potatoes
- Put the potatoes in a pot full of water, boil them to medium heat, and then drain the water.
- Whisk all the other ingredients together in a separate bowl and pour in the potatoes until they are fully coated
Serve as is with your favorite side dish.
Check out our ranges of seasonings online, so you can make as many different flavored Irish potatoes as you wish,